Wednesday, March 31, 2010

5 years in the US of A

5 years ago I arrived in the US on April 1st 2005 at Dulles Airport. What a great and interesting journey it has been since then. I worked a lot of different and exciting jobs, won new great friends, lost a few friends along the way, got married to my wonderful and amazing wife who gave me the greatest gift ever: our son Liam! He is of course, as every parent would say, the cutest and most adorable child you have ever seen.

I wouldn't change a thing and I'm absolutely proud of my little family!

In all these years my wife always stand by my side through thick and thin. She was and still is my rock and I love her with all my heart! No matter what got thrown at us the last years, we went through it together and I wouldn't want it any other way. We are a great team and we don't really believe in fights and big arguments. Of course we have different opinions every once in a while, but it's all over after about 5 minutes and it's all good again.

Our son Liam is a little bit over 9 month old now and it's just a joy to see him grow up. He is crawling already and when he smiles with his big blue eyes and his 6 teeth, than you forget everything around you. It's just an amazing feeling!

He puts smiles on a lot of peoples faces when we are out. At Hunters Run Wine Barn http://www.huntersrunwinebarn.com/, where he is known as the mascot, or any place else where we go. Liam is just friendly to everybody and it's awesome to see the response he is getting from total strangers. I'm pretty sure he makes quite a few peoples day when they see him laughing and happy in his stroller.

I feel at home here with my little family and we will see what the next 5 years have in store for us.

http://www.nils-online.com/servlet/StoreFront

2 comments:

  1. congrats nils! here's to 95 more! we will be celebrating our 25th year this year on July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it perfectly! I can't believe it's been 5 years already. It's gone by so fast, but I'm ready for the next 5 and more after that! You are my inspiration, my love, and my best fiend! I love you with all my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete